Friday, April 29, 2011

New layout!

Hi ya'll.

Now that I'm back to posting more regularly, I decided I needed to up the pretty factor. I don't know how many of you have tried to find a decent free template, but it can be hard! So I made my own. Took over an hour this morning to get what I wanted, but I did it! I couldn't be happier!

I was hoping to give it some flair and femininity while being true to me, which is always nice!

Anyways, I have been having a blast with a new little super food called Quinoa. Now I don't know how many of you have tried it, but I am in love. If you don't know what it is, it's a grain that cooks up a lot like rice. With the texture of tiny frogs eye pasta. It is yummy hot or cold, with fruits and veggies. It can be a side, or main dish. I'm in love.

Here are my 2 favorite recipes so far:

Side dish/Salad

1 Cup Quinoa (Prepared as directed on packaging) Let cool

1 small tomato, finely chopped

Half a cucumber, finely chopped

Garlic (I like to use garlic paste, it's finer than I can chop)

Salt and pepper to taste

Toss it all together and serve cold, I like it for lunch


Breakfast

1 cup quinoa( Properly prepared) Keep hot

1 cup milk (I like to do 1/2 cup milk, 1/2 cup heavy cream. It's richer)

A sprinkle of cinnamon and ground cloves

Honey or Agave to sweeten to taste

Fresh berries/peaches/apples or any other fruit

Toasted nuts if you like

Heat milk with Quinoa in a pan until warmed through, add spice and sweetener, ad fruit last, let cook for 2-3 minutes for softer fruit, remove from heat for fresher.

Any other recipes would be welcome, share 'em in the comments!

1 comment:

Hayley said...

Oops! Add olive oil to the first one!, just enough to get it all working together.