Wednesday, April 20, 2011

50 Parks by October

One of my big goals is to spend more time outdoors with my family. My way to make sure that happens? I have made a list of 50 parks in the Salem Keizer area and I am going to make sure Vinny makes it to ever last one by the time October rains roll around. That averages 2 per week, or with Oregon whether in mind, 3 parks a week.

We already have Riverfront, Royal Oaks, Unnamed park in South Salem, Weather Street Park and Hillview City Park under our belts! I am so excited!

Vinny is loving it too, because playgrounds rock!

If anyone has any ideas for the area, let me know, because I still need to weed out the no playground parks, so I will probably need a few more. Especially in West Salem.

Also, if anyone wants to join me and the boys, let me know. Vinny likes finding friends to play with, even if he's never met them!

1 comment:

Jocelyn said...

I didn't even know you had a blog! Is the unnamed one is south salem that Fircrest park just at the end of Ewald (we get to it from Luradel Ave)? If not, you should try that one. We walk there sometimes.
West Salem parks: Wallace marine park has a play area. There's also Orchard Heights park, Straub Nature park on the corner of Doaks Ferry and Orchard Heights, or there's one just behind the Safeway on Edgewater. That one has a button kids can push to make water shoot up during the summer.