Monday, April 18, 2011

Beautiful Day.

Today probably the best day of the year so far! Busy, tiring and all manner of crazy, but such a great day! Started out with getting to sleep in, which was great, and then dishes. Then I got on to the laundry.

I am so far behind on laundry, it's not even funny, but I made a HUGE dent in today. I started a load in the washer and then decided to hand wash a load in the tub. When the tub load was done I guess I was just so into the whole homemaker thing I decided to hang it up on a line in the back yard.

By 1:30pm I had 3 loads washed and hanging out to dry (and my hands were KILLING me from wringing out all those clothes) and another soaking in the tub. Add to that 2 loads folded and put away from the washer and dryer and one load in each waiting to go.

When it started to rain I got out and took it all inside, but most of it was just barely damp at all! So while the last dryer load was running, I mowed the front lawn and took down the Christmas lights. When that was done I loaded the line clothes into the dryer and finished them up and got them put away.

With all that done I got out and cleaned the grill (My fabulous husband went and got the propane tank filled after his doctors appointment today) and made burgers! The first of the year! And some grilled bell peppers and zucchini for me!

Finally settled down to eat, folded some more laundry, put Vinny to bed with a story, got Will fed, got the LAST load of laundry in the dryer and started on my first attempt at homemade, soft-baked, sugar cookies! Woot! They turned out great, better than I had expected!

So now I am enjoying some cookies, relaxing on the computer and waiting for the very last load to be done so I can fold, put it away and go to bed.

What a day!

1 comment:

Holland said...

That's right! Why was it so great? I was born on that day. Hahahah~ c: Glad you enjoyed some happiness on that day c: