Saturday, March 1, 2008

Oookay, I'm new at this, so please forgive.

Like I said, I am new at this, but I thought it would be a fun way for people to check in on my little fam.

So to start, currently the fam is 3 members, My husband Daniel, who will be 27 this April, Me 22, and Vinny, the cute one, 14 months. We live in our own home in south Salem and love BBQ's.

Daniel (Dan) works at T-Mobile and runs Customer Computers of Salem (ccofsalem.com) out of our converted garage. Check out the site, he made it himself.

Vinny is just plain darling. He is almost walking, so close! He can say mama, dada, daddy and up. He says gma and bama. Loves mirrors. My gosh does he love mirrors, and escalators.

And I am... alive. I am a stay-at-home mother, what I always wanted to be. I go out walking with my mom 4 days a week, church on Sunday, shopping here and there, and other than that I check e-mail, clean house, watch TV and read. Right now I am reading Raymond E. Fiest's "The Magician's Apprentice" and the vampire series by Stephanie Meyer, but I am waiting for the 3rd book, borrowing from a Friend.

Speaking of friends, I need more, and one's to do things with. Most of my friends are too far away, too busy or too different. By the last I mean they are friends for years but unmarried and no kids so our goals and dreams are a bit different and it can be hard to get together and do things, so I would like to have some more mommy friends who know where I am coming from when I talk about teething and such. So if you are looking for more friends I'll give you my resume.

Okay, now that the "intro" is over with, let's get with the yakking. Today was great, we have a part of the business called "No Part Left Behind" where we take old unused parts and recycle the unusable and rebuild the decent ones, we then resell them for the cost of our labor and any inventory we have used. Works really well. So anyways, today we sold 4 systems mixed inventory and used and made some seriously needed cash. It feels great paying towards a loan and paying off our butt-headed CitiBank card. Ugh, I hate CitiBank.

But also we recycled a ton of crap taking up space in our living room, got some donations and free stuff, like 3 bar stools to use in our shop, free! No better price than that! And some other odds and ends that are really nice. Then we went out to dinner, which is always nice to have a date, even at Carl's Junior. We spent time with Mum, my mother-in-law, which is always nice, brought her a burger.

I am going to take a page from Kari's Blog and list my goals on here. Maybe if I put them in a public place I'll do better with them.

GOALS:
1. Lose 5 lbs minimum by April 1st.
2. Clean House (and keep it clean) to Grandma's standards by the time she gets here in April.
3. Start a garden.
4. Write chapter one in the Rucardian Novels.
5. Send Miskers in to a publisher.

Okay, enough for tonight. Luv Ya!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

HI! Welcome to the blogworld. I need more mommy friends too, we should hang out sometime.
Congrats on the date night, those are always a good time!