Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Potty Time!

So we started a more serious line of potty training today. Underpants.

 I  decided since Will has never really cared about being wet or dirty, and Vinny never did either, I needed to start on underpants for some time every day. We started this morning.

 About 20 minutes after I put him in them (having had him sit on the potty for a bit first) I came into the room and found he had tried to pull his pants off, but the ankle part was still on his feet and the rest we dragging behind, he was also walking  bowlegged looking down. When he saw me he pointed to the underwear and grunted uncomfortably.

 I guess my idea worked because he didn't like being wet when it was all down his legs. I stuck him on the potty right away and he peed a little bit more so he got to celebrate going potty in the potty! I think he might actually connected the 2 if we keep this up.

 So moms out there, any other ideas that might help? I looked up some potty training in a weekend ideas but most suggest letting them be naked so they notice or as a reward, but my boys HATE being naked so I don't think that will work very well. Any advice would be appreciated!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The book potty training in less than a day worked for me. I used some of the techniques and elaena was trained before 2 and jake at 2.5. I have the book if you want to borrow it. It basically rewards for being dry and eventually the rewards go away. It's not for going on the potty but for being dry, does that make sense? It has some great techniques even using a baby alive that goes potty (I have that too if you would like) that helps them to understand an learn the concept of wetness and the urgency of going in the potty and staying dry. Let me know if you want to borrow anything!

Hayley said...

I would LOVE to borrow it! That does make more since to me too. I want him to feel good about being dry, not just going in the potty (Vinny still high 5's me every time he goes #2 int he potty since it was only 9 months ago that he was finally trained!

Hayley said...

*Sense