Monday, November 7, 2011

Movies

Well, we just signed up for a Netflix trial, possibly keep, and I had a thought. I really don't care about most of these new movies. I mean, more new movies out than ever in my life and most of them are just ... I can't think of the word. I know they may appeal to a certain audience, but so many movies are bombing and they keep making the same tired plot over and over again.

Occasionally they bust out something amazing, like Tangled. But overall, Hollywood is loosing it. I am enjoying re-watching old movies that I kinda liked, more than I am enjoying the new ones.

I just wish we could go back to films that meant something. And maybe they would if we only got 1-2 new movies a month instead of a week.

3 comments:

C/K said...

No joke! We get netflix. I think it's a good value too because we usually get 3 or 4 a month in the mail, and watch instant play movies while waiting for another.
We love watching older films, and there are a bunch of good ones I didn't even know existed!
Plus, college likes to make you watch movies on your time... and sometimes they're on netflix... so then we don't have to fight for it at redbox or anywhere else.
Hooray for netflix!

Jocelyn said...

We've had Netflix for a long time, and I'm getting sick of movies, too. You're right, there just aren't many good ones these days. I mostly like Netflix for the streaming and catching up on TV series that we never got around to watching when they were on TV. For example, someday we'll check out House, and when we do, we'll do it through Netflix.

I loved getting your comment on my blog. Will would be uber-cute in a "dapper onesie."

Hayley said...

Jocelyn: We have been enjoying canceled or cable shows. It's nice to watch some good stuff. I do like a few current shows (Mentalist, Grimm, Blue Bloods, Castle and Body of Proof) but mostly I am changing the channel every few minutes. I have been reading more too, which is good.

I think I am going to make one up as spare shirt if he needs changed at church. I am going to make matching Christmas bow ties for my boys, that little tie is so cute. I just have to decide how I want it to "tie" around there necks.