Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Law and Order

Jack McCoy on Law and Order had a great quote on an episode tonight, I really liked it, so I thought I would share it with you all.

"The Constitution should be used less as a shield for the guilty and more as a weapon for their innocent victims."

Seriously, "LIFE, liberty and the pursuit of happiness". I am so sick of "justice" letting people get away with murder and the destruction of lives in the name of the constitution. KKK incites people to commit crimes, but it is freedom of speech. But if I say I am Christian I am forcing my religion on people and I should be silenced.

Oh, and on the topic of freaking freedom of speech, a Candidate's pastor can have, just in the last year, say horrible things about his country DURING SERMONS and people say "Don't hold it against the Candidate, he doesn't believe that." The same candidate's wife can say embarrassing things I don't like hearing from a potential first lady, but we should all ignore it.

But if a Candidate has a religion that says others might not being doing what they should, or that you might be wrong, just saying, he is ridiculed, mocked and judged on what happened in his religion 100 YEARS AGO! And that's okay, no wait, more than okay, it's right. Come on!

Now I am not saying Obama is a radical like his pastor. I have no idea if he is, and I think his wife just said something stupid and probably thought "Shut up! Shut up!" after her comment, but it is the way people reacted to it and treat it. I am just sick of all this "Liberty and Justice (and freedom of Speech or religion) for some. It's getting really old.

No comments: