Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Recipie One: Belvita-Like Breakfast Cookies

Sorry, I know this was supposed to come last week but things got a little busy and I could not post it. But I have decided what I want to post first.

 So, I got a coupon awhile back for Belvita Breakfast Biscuits, they were AMAZING! But too expensive. I want to try to make something on my own. So after scouting a few recipes on-line and do a little altering I settles on this one!


Now this pic is much prettier than mine turned out, but I wanted a nice neat pic, not a "my kids helped themselves" pic.

 What you need:

2 cups Flour
1 Cup Sugar
2 Cups Oats
1 1/2 Cup Greek Yogurt
8 T. (1 stick) Butter or Margerine
1 T. Honey (or Golden Syrup if you have European foods)
1 T. HOT water
1/2 t. Baking Soda
1 t. Cinnamon
1/2 t. Ginger


Preheat your oven to 350 Degrees F.

 Mix water, honey, butter and yogurt in a sauce pan, melt together on low to medium heat, add baking soda once melted, stir.  Mix remaining dry ingredients in separate bowl, added melted mixture and stir.

 Make small balls (it's kind of sticky) and place 1 inch apart on a greased cookie sheet, flatten with a fork. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. (They come out a little soft but settle up while cooling)

 They are really tasty with tea (I like to do herbals, especially Blueberry), or other warm breakfasty drinks.

 So there it is, you might need to alter it to your tastes, but as they are they were a big hit in our house. The yogurt adds protein and the oats of course are very filling. It's a great pre-prepped meal for on the go or sitting at home.

No comments: