Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Voting

This morning I sat down with my ballot and voters guides. I looked over all the candidates, I thought over all the ads I have seen, the debates, the websites and the personal opinions of my family and friends.

I could only fill out 3 spots on that ballot. And they were not the big 3.

I simply cannot bring myself to vote right now. I want to just rip up my ballot and toss it away. But I live in a country with a vote for a reason, and I need to uphold my end of the bargain.

When it comes to president, I was always mad at people who voted for John Kerry simply because he wasn't Bush. I have always thought it is a stupid way to make a choice, "well, he isn't the other guy" but that is exactly how I feel about McCain. To me that is the only reason I see voting for him, he isn't Obama. I mean, sure I agree with some of the ideas he has for this country, but on the things that really matter to me, on the things I think are most important for this nation, I just want to beat him upside the head!

And I have considered 3rd party candidates, but the only ones close to what I believe in call this country the "American Empire" and tout a isolationist mentality similar to those who wanted us to stay out of WW2. I don't want that! I don't want McCain, I don't want Obama, I don't want Smith, I don't want Merkley, I don't want Shrader and I don't want Erickson!

I feel like writing in "Jesus Christ" or something similar, I want to write in Mitt Romney for pres, since, as you know if you have read my other post, I never got to vote for my candidate due to the f***ed way the nominees can be kicked out before every state gets a freaking vote. I wish I was 17 again, just so I wouldn't have to think about it.

America is going to Hell in a hand basket and if we look at our voting options we just might see why.

No comments: